• Karyn Rocheleau, President of Tandem Training & Consulting has over 30 years of experience in management, customer service, and operations - with organizations such as Ford, Wendy's International, and the United States Army. Before founding Tandem Training & Development, Karyn was Vice President of Training & Development at an $8 billion wholesaler; there she introduced innovative programs in leadership development and succession planning. In addition, she developed a training department and launched programs in problem-solving, leadership, and communication skills.
Karyn's business interests are in leadership, employee development, and conflict resolution. She continuously works to find out where clients have a need, "tell me where the pain is..." and then she works in tandem with clients to help them develop objective measures of success to ensure they are getting the results they want.
Karyn has an MBA from the University of Pittsburgh, a Certificate in Special Studies from Harvard University, and a BS, Business from the University of Vermont.
She is active in civic organizations such as the NH Women's Business Center, the Monadnock Humane Society and Keene Senior Center. She currently serves as Board Chair in the latter organizations and has been instrumental in raising funds for their programs and the endowments. She is a past President of the Board of Directors at the Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention and has served as an advisory board member at the United Way in Keene, NH.
Print This Bio
• Kelly Roe most recently completed a successful 30-year career with an ISO 9001 global manufacturing company where she held various positions within Engineering and Human Resources. Over that time Kelly successfully advanced her career at every stage through diligence, and fairness; she put the people first, whether they were employees or vendors. Once these relationships were developed, she coached and mentored them through to excellence. She was responsible for training for over 1000 individuals through the United States and was a liaison for the Canadian side of the business.
Kelly's passion for promoting lean manufacturing concepts resulted in more effective processes throughout the plant. Improved processes resulted in reduced expenses, increased production flow and the elimination of mistakes.
Kelly is seen as a dedicated, result focused professional with ability to creatively problem solve and a desire to share her knowledge and experiences with others. Kelly creates an energetic environment with tremendous drive and attention to detail.
Currently Kelly is a member of the Monadnock Society of Human Resources and serves on the Keene Racquet Club Board of Directors. She is a past board member for Keene Day Care Center, Keene Senior Center, adhoc committee for Cedar Crest Center for Children with Disabilities, and Keene Youth Hockey.
• David Philipkoski is an engaging consultant with over 35 years of automotive dealership experience. As a Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer, he is a three-time winner of Ford's most prestigious "President's Award" for quality, customer satisfaction and sales performance. He has also been a recipient of the 2002 NH Time Magazine Quality Dealer Award, for outstanding achievement and community service. For almost 20 years as a Ford Dealer, David has led the way with exceptional fixed operations, as shown by Best in Class statistics: service absorptions rates-85-100%; repair shop efficiency rates-135%; repair shop productivity rates-99%; and total sales per UIO that are 205% above the group average.
Throughout New England, David generously offers his expertise and unique ideas by serving on numerous charitable and community boards. In NH, he served on the New Motor Vehicle Arbitration (Lemon Law) Board, and the NH Automobile Dealers Association, as both Chairman and board member. Regionally, he served as Dealer Council Chairman for the Boston Region Ford Dealers. David was named a Paul Harris Fellow from the Keene Rotary Club; he has also received the Adult Community Leader Award from the NH American Red Cross. Prior to owning a Ford Dealership, he worked as a consultant for Ford Motor Company Dealership Development Division; there David operated company-owned dealerships.
With a penchant for precision, David also likes to get results - so in his off hours, he loves to breathe life into vintage cars. He has a particular affinity for old police cars, and the ‘Best of Show' awards that he wins along with them.
Print This Bio
• Courtney D directs operations at the heart of the Tandem organization. Through careful curriculum design, she organizes and breathes life into classes that will meet your training needs. Her first step is listening to your needs. She listens well and gets a handle on what clients need. She assembles the information quickly and converts it into a useable format for others. She puts the “custom” in customizable!
She used these talents to the fullest for the 7 years she managed financial information at a 300,000-member credit union. While there, Courtney ushered 2-year projects from concept to final implementation. While using her Project Management skills, she was often responsible for the whole process: designing study objectives, tabulating data and presenting reports to upper management. Her work included primary research studies as well as the direct mail side of marketing, which encompassed market segmentation, target marketing, and ROI analysis.
Courtney holds an MBA from Marist College and a BS from Binghamton University, with a major in Business Management- Marketing.
Courtney's past enjoyments included biking, walking, reading, and travel. Now she focuses her free time on the toddler that reigns supreme in her home!
Print This Bio
• John D has Twenty plus years of design and manufacturing experience across several manufacturing sectors including electro-mechanical telecom safety devices, packaging, shipbuilding, secondary wood products, aerospace and automotive products. As an inventor and innovator, John has designed and patented several consumer products in use today. John is a change agent able to work well with all levels of employees. He combines his facilitation and product development skills to provide a structured approach to collaboration, innovation and process improvement to his clients as well as his extensive network of skilled consultants.
John has experience in the following:
• Toyota and Mitsuiya Sensei Trained and served for more than two years as a Key Person in the Bluegrass Automotive Manufactures Association.
• Subject Matter Expert to the Lean Special Projects Team, an association of National Institute of Standards Technology (NIST) recognized experts, who are focused on standardizing lean consulting practices to small to mid-sized manufacturers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology with a concentration on Operations from the University of Southern Maine.
• Co-Inventor for US Patent 20060242005; a comprehensive method to train and aid manufacturers in identifying inefficiencies in product manufacturing process and in improving such process.
• Transferred tools and techniques to conduct improvement activities to more than 200 facilitators including in-house resources as well as third party consultants.
• Developed training materials, vetted training/facilitation professionals, and prepared the facilitators to work at client locations with the highest professionalism.
• Thousands of people have participated in lean simulations and Focused Improvement Workshops utilizing tools and following a system that John has developed.
• Facilitated US Government program to completely modernize the national maritime distress communications system; introduced lean and six sigma principals through the entire program lifecycle that produced $50 million and 15 years of cost and schedule overrun avoidance.
• Facilitated Executive Planning Sessions (EPS) for the Submarine and Aircraft Carrier Overhaul and Repair community that included executives from all four public Naval Shipyards, as well as executives from two private shipyards which set the priority and focus for process improvement activities.
Supplier Development and Supply Chain Integration
Innovation, Lean, Six Sigma & Quality Management Systems
Research & Development
Technology Transfer & Commercialization
Partnership & Channel Development
Program, Project & Account Management
• Karl R brings a wealth of technology experience to Tandem Training-and yes, he easily passed our security clearance-he is the brother of our illustrious president, Karyn Rocheleau. When Tandem Training began, Karl was delving into problems and processes with IBM. There, he worked as a Manufacturing Engineer in many capacities; he even holds a patent for the work that he did. He became skilled in developing and implementing programs and process enhancements-all designed to reduce operating costs and increase efficiency. His expertise in analyzing data and processes to aid in the leadership of LEAN teams is legendary. Now, he can do the same for your organization!
He is a dedicated team player who offers a commitment to detail and the production of superior results. Clients find that Karl can bring order from chaos - as he streamlines their processes to help them become more efficient and effective.
Karl holds a BA from University of Vermont; he has completed graduate level courses to continue his education. He has added expertise in the following areas:
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
CFR, as applied to DOT shipping
Network Administration: net use connections/passwords/ permissions/user accounts
Paradox Database Versions 5-9, including ObjectPal programming
When he is in ‘relax mode,' Karl can be found puttering around the house and finding things to fix. And speaking of getting a fix - there is a grandchild on the scene!
Print This Bio
• Lisa S is an accomplished project management professional with experience in industry that she puts in perspective when she takes it to others. Whether she is teaching at the collegiate level or training in industry, her disciplined approach to project management smoothly paves the way for others to learn. She helps participants in her workshops to understand the overarching principles - Lisa also makes a compelling argument for total adoption of project management tools-in every aspect of life!
Over twelve years at Hewlett-Packard Lisa delivered results. One major project included managing the "most successful IT transition" of the project involving the split between HP and Agilent. In another, her PM skills helped ensure the successful transfer of support for 1500 systems from HP personnel to a 3rd party managed service. She also served as Program Manager for a data-center consolidation effort to relocate 650 servers in 10 months; responsibilities included overall planning, executive reporting and communication, and coordination of eight contract project managers.
Now, Lisa notes, "I've become an adjunct faculty member at a local graduate school and have been amazed at how well teaching and consulting go together. I am able to bring real world examples to the classroom. On the flip side, when I visit clients, I have all the language and techniques of PM at the top of my brain because I've just been teaching those concepts to students."
Lisa holds an MBA from UC, Los Angeles Anderson Graduate School of Management, in Management of Information Systems and a BS from UC, Santa Cruz in Earth Science. She is a certified Project Management Professional (PMPR). She is active locally in the PM Chapter, saying, "First, the Chapter is helping to educate our local business community about the value of project management. Second, I get to network and brainstorm with local colleagues, which helps me to stay energized and excited."
Print This Bio
• Irene S has experience working with many industries—she has worked in the manufacturing, education, medical, and biotech industries, and has expertise in human resources, recruitment, career planning, and line management. In industry, she developed and conducted workshops which taught Leadership, Motivation, Quality, and Career Planning.
As a Human Resources Manager and Trainer/Consultant with Lee Hecht Harrison, a global career management organization, Irene worked with all levels of displaced employees. Overseas, her past work included time as a Business Educator Volunteer with the Peace Corps in the Russian Far East, and assignments in Romania, St. Petersburg, Russia, and Odessa, Ukraine.
Her education includes an M.Ed in Counseling, Bridgewater State College; an MA in Spanish, Ohio University; and a BA in Spanish/Education, Caldwell College. She also has a Graduate Certificate in Management from the University of Hartford and a certificate in Human Resources from Stonehill College. Irene completed certifications as both a Trainer in ASTD, and as a Professional in Human Resources.
She teaches management classes at Curry College, and is active in the Tri-County Talkers Toastmaster club in Brockton, MA; she currently acts as their Vice President of Education. Other affiliations include the Northeast Human Resources Management Association and the Association of Career Professionals International.
Print This Bio
•Sean M is an accomplished training leader whose 18-year career with regional financial institutions as well as with smaller community banks has been distinguished by awarded recognition and goal-surpassing results. Throughout his career Sean has had proven success in areas such as improving productivity, employee performance, staff retention, account acquisition, customer satisfaction, and the overall bottom line through innovative training programs.
Sean is experienced in designing and delivering highly effective training on such topics as:
-Products and Compliance -Sales and service skills
-New-Hire Orientation -Executive Coaching /Mentoring
-Software / Systems -Operations & Procedures
-Leadership Development -Supervisory Skills
-Team & Relationship Building -Change Management
Sean believes outstanding products and services delivered by knowledgeable and dedicated employees can be a key differentiator and a competitive advantage in any industry. He understands that training plays a vital role in shaping the culture and strategic direction of a company and is critical in helping an organization respond nimbly to change.
During Sean's tenure at Citizens Financial Group and its predecessor, CambridgePort Bank, he was known for his dynamic and engaging presentation style, outstanding facilitation skills and his ability to incorporate creative and interactive techniques in every program. He approaches each training opportunity with the goal of optimizing learner engagement, enjoyment and understanding of the course materials.
Sean holds a B.A from the University of Connecticut. He is also a certified GE Workout Facilitator and a member of the American Society for Training and Development.
In his free time, Sean enjoys numerous outdoor activities, and is currently working on a myriad of home improvement projects.
•Gail C has over a decade of experience in corporate human resources and talent management, Gail is a catalyst in building productive business partnerships for successful learning and development. She began her career in education, and transitioned to business, working with leaders and employees in building programs to impact workforce development. Gail inspires employees to be contributive, productive, and connected. As a trainer, she consistently generates enthusiasm and participation. Her program management, design and delivery expertise successfully transfer across organizations, industries, levels, and generations.
Her professional training experience, ranging from a start--‐up firm to mid--‐size and large firms, gives her a unique view of business that she shares with her clients. Earning a Master's degree at Emmanuel College, Gail is licensed in a number of training programs and assessment tools. Her training and instructions design style is innovative, engaging and learner focused. Gail emphasizes real--‐world learning and the skills most relevant to an organization. Instilling optimism and personal accountability, Gail weaves discussion, hands-on work, strong learning content and real world scenarios within her programs.
Employees, leaders, and students rate Gail as outstanding for her authenticity, professionalism, and inspiring work style. Her programs energize, educate, and engage employees.
In addition to her professional experience, Gail is passionate about reaching back and pushing forward to enrich the lives of others. Gail has worked as an adjunct instructor at Stonehill College, mentored talented minority college students from InRoads of Central New England, participated in partnership programs for high school students from the Jeremiah Burke High School in Boston, and is a Best Buddy, supporting the Massachusetts Best Buddies organization.
Gail has worked with Natixis Global Asset Management, Lee Hecht Harrison and New England Financial. She has a Masters Degree in Human Resource Management and specializes in talent management, training, recruiting and instructional design. When she has free time, Gail loves to do Woodworking, Cycling and Working in her garden.